One Direction's Harry Styles Wins Court Order Against Paparazzi

Harry Styles is spotted at the Burberry Prorsum show at London Fashion Week SS14 at Kensington Gardens on September 16, 2013 in London Harry Styles is spotted at the Burberry Prorsum show at London Fashion Week SS14 at Kensington Gardens on September 16, 2013 in London

A British High Court judge has ordered paparazzi to stay away from One Direction member Harry Styles.

The order from Justice Nicola Davies bars several photographers from pursuing the singer by car or motorcycle, placing him under surveillance and loitering or waiting within 50 meters (164 feet) of his home.

Styles’ lawyer, David Sherborne, said the singer had gone to court after failing to persuade the photographers to stop their behavior voluntarily.

PHOTOS: The Boys Of One Direction

Sherborne said 19-year-old Styles - one-fifth of the world’s biggest boy band — “is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos. He remains happy to do that, as he always has.”

The court order was originally granted last week. On Monday the judge continued it until another hearing on Jan.13.

Copyright 2014 by Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.