Palace Defends Prince Harry's Las Vegas Romp: It Wasn't 'Unlawful'

Prince Harry found himself under intense media and public scrutiny following the release of nude photos from a Las Vegas hotel bash, but the young royal may not be in too much hot water back home at the Palace.

“He didn’t do anything unlawful,” a Palace source reportedly told People. “What he did was entirely his own business.”

And the Prince, who will turn 28 next month, may not change his hard-partying ways anytime soon. As third in line for the throne, Dai Davies – former head of royal protection services – said the pressure on Prince Harry isn’t as great as it would be if he were closer to becoming King.

“Harry is a big boy now,” Davies told the mag. “He knows the rules, but he thinks, ‘I’m going to do whatever I want.’”

Harry will soon return to his official royal duties for the first time since the scandalous photos were released last week, with an appearance at London’s Paralmypics on Friday. He will then attend the WellChild Awards ceremony on September 3.

-- Erin O’Sullivan

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.