Rob Lowe might have Charlie Sheen’s seal of approval as his potential “Two and a Half Men” replacement, but Lowe isn’t going anywhere, according to his current TV boss.
Michael Schur, the executive producer of “Parks and Recreation,” told reporters on Wednesday night that Lowe is locked into his contract with the NBC sitcom.
“It’s going to be hard,” Schur joked at the “Parks and Recreation” PaleyFest panel, according to The Hollywood Reporter, of Lowe pulling double duty on both shows, noting that the actor had a “multiyear contract” to remain on the show as a series regular, starring Amy Poehler.
Earlier in the day on Wednesday, Sheen called in to “The Dan Patrick Show” to offer his praise – and some advice – for two of his rumored replacements – Lowe and John Stamos.
“I think they’re both fabulous and my apologies to John. I was rude to him earlier and that was unnecessary,” Sheen noted, referring to comments he made to Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush that the show would “suck” with the former “Full House” heartthrob in the cast. “And Rob’s on old friend and a brilliant actor and he’s a beautiful man. What I would advise them to do is just make it their own. Don’t think about anything that I’ve done – brilliantly! – on the show for 177,000 episodes.”
While Lowe and Stamos have been two of the names most often brought up as “Two and a Half Men’s” possible new face, Schur said when it comes to his “Parks and Recreation” star, there is “no truth” the casting rumors.
“The Internet lit a match and set itself on fire,” Schur reportedly said during the PaleyFest panel.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.