Perfect Valentine's Day Chocolate Recipes (Access Hollywood Live)
Valentine’s Day is just a few days away. If you’re in a mad scramble to find the perfect gift, why not whet your sweetie’s appetite with some major chocolate decadence!
Access Hollywood Live’s favorite party planner Mark Addison shares how to create the perfect at-home chocolate paradise.
From the table setting to the entrée to the drinks, everything is dripping in chocolate.
Here are the recipes featured on Monday’s show:
FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE MARTINI
4 oz. Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa, divided into 4
3 cups milk
3/4 cup vanilla vodka
6 cups ice
1/4 cup mini marshmallows, for garnish
Put 1 oz. of the cocoa into a saucer. Put some water into another saucer. Drip the rims of 4 martini glasses into the water and shake off any excess. Dip them into cocoa mix. (save remainder for garnish). In a blender, combine the remaining cocoa mix, milk, vodka, and ice and blend until smooth. Divide the mixture among the prepared glasses and garnish with marshmallow and remaining cocoa mix.
2 oz. Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka
1/2 oz. Van Gogh Vanilla Vodka
1 oz. Butterscotch schnapps
Combine all the ingredients into a Shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and let it sit the shaker for several minutes in order to let the vodka mellow in the ice. Pour into chilled martini glass rimmed with Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa.
CHOCOLATE CHICKEN POT PIE
1 whole med. Chicken, about 2lbs.
4 carrots, roughly cut
2” ginger, sliced into ¼ “ coins
1 onion roughly cut
1 garlic, halved
2 bunches thyme
2 bay leaves
1 bottle white wine
1 tbsp salt
10 white peppercorns
Water to cover
Pie Filling Ingredients:
3/4 stick butter
1/2 cup shallots, diced
50g AP flour
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup sliced celery, diced
3/4 cup corn kernels
3/4 cup carrots, diced
1 cup diced potatoes
1 tbsp. salt
1/4 tps. White pepper
1 tbsp. Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa
2 cups reserved chicken stock
1 cup milk
15 squares Lindt Excellence Chili bar
1 tsp. chipotle pepper sauce
1/4 tsp. celery seeds
1/4 cup brandy
Add reserved chicken meat
1. Bring everything but the chicken to a simmer. Let cook for 25 minutes until vegetables are soft. Turn off heat and set aside to room temperature.
2. Butcher chicken into 8 pieces, separating into 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings, and saving all the backs and carcasses.
3. Remove the innards and use it for a different recipe.
4. Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat dry with a towel.
5. Add chicken pieces to chicken stock, starting with the wings, followed by thighs and drumsticks, and breasts on top, and turn heat to simmer and poach until chicken is tender and meat falls apart from the bones.
6. Remove chicken from stock and refrigerate until cold. Once cold, pull chicken meat, discarding skin and fat, and save the meat to be used in filling. Strain chicken stock for use later.
1. Sautee butter with shallots and flour until browned. Add cocoa powder, chipotle, celery seeds, potatoes, and cook for another 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add chicken stock to deglaze, add milk, whisking until mixture comes to a boil, whisk in chocolate balls and emulsify until homogenous. Add the rest of the vegetables and bring the mixture to a boil. Fold in chicken meat and brandy. Consistency should be like that of a chowder.
2. Place filling in pie molds. Top off mold with pastry fit to size with a 1/2” overhang and season top
1. Pastry cut to size with 1/4” overhang
2. Fill mold with chicken mole pie filling
3. Fit pastry to size. Season top with salt and pepper.
4. Bake at 375 degrees until top is golden brown and bubbling with filling. Let rest for 15 minutes and reheat before serving, then dust with Ghirardelli Unsweetend Cocoa.
1 lb. all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa
1 tbsp. olive oil
Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
Parmesan Pasta Sauce Ingredients:
2 cups cream
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Parmigiano ReggiaChocolate Pasta
1. sift flour and cocoa powder together and knead in the eggs and olive oil for 15 minutes.
2. Rest for another fifteen minutes then roll and cut in a pasta machine.
3. Heat up a pot of lightly salted water and boil pasta until al dente.
Parmesan Pasta Sauce:
1. In a medium sauce pot scald the cream.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks, Parmigiano Reggia, and sugar.
3. Temper this mixture into the hot cream and bring to a light simmer, whisking constantly to prevent curdling. Toss the hot pasta in the sauce.
1pkg. brownie mix (family size)
2 pkg. (3.9 oz. each) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
3 cups cold milk
Whipped cream infused with Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa
2 cups fresh raspberries
Prepare brownie batter and bake in 9-inch square pan as directed on package. Meanwhile, beat pudding mixes and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in one cup whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to use. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes.
Layer half of the brownie cubes, pudding, berries and remaining whipped cream in parfait cups. Repeat layers. Refrigerate one hour.
For more of Mark’s party tips and recipes, check out www.markaddison.com.