Recipe: Take Your Sundae To A Gourmet Level (Access Hollywood Live)
First Published: August 15, 2012 12:29 PM EDT Credit: Access Hollywood
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- There’s nothing like ice cream on a hot day.
Pastry chef Jai Kendall of Rosa Mexicano restaurant stopped by Access Hollywood Live to show how to take the simple sundae to a whole new level!
Here are the recipes from today’s segment:
2 lbs tomatillos, diced
14 oz blueberries, whole
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp lemon zest, grated
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- Cook the tomatillos until soft (about 5-8 minutes) over medium-low heat.
- Add blueberries, brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and nutmeg
- Continue cooking until the blueberries are soft (about 5 minutes)
- Pour compote into container and cool to room temperature
- Wrap and refrigerate
Piloncillo,chopped: 8 Oz
Peanuts, lightly toasted: 24 Oz
Unsalted butter, chopped: 8 Oz
Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Place the peanuts in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and piloncillo together in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it is thick and caramelized. **make sure to keep a close eye because it can burn withinseconds**
- Remove from the heat and pour over the peanuts, stirring until well coated.
- Pour out onto a sheet tray and let cool to room temperature.
- Chop into small pieces and place in a airtight container.
(Recipes courtesy of Rosa Mexicano)
For more information, visit www.rosamexicano.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.