Jodie Foster is speaking out through her rep after the father of a 17-year-old claimed that the actress attacked his son last month at a Los Angeles shopping center, calling it “a complete fabrication.”
On Thursday, Radar Online reported that Foster had been accused of battery by a 17-year-old.
“Jodie Foster attacked my son at the parking lot at The Grove,” the 17-year-old’s father claimed to the website. “Jodie pushed and shoved him leaving scratches and bruises on his arm.”
The incident in question took place on May 29 at LA’s popular shopping center, The Grove, where celebrities, including Jesse Metcalfe and Victoria Beckham are known to frequent.
According to Foster’s rep, the 17-year-old was a photographer who was trying to snap pictures of the actress with her children.
“The seventeen year old young man was a professional paparazzo. He had a large camera bag with a 1000 mm lens,” the actress’ rep told Access on Friday. “He tailed Jodie and her children from the movie theatre to valet parking, crowding them and taking pictures the entire way. It scared the kids and Jodie definitely told him to stop.”
A spokesperson from The Los Angeles Police Department told Access that no charges have been brought against Foster and an investigation is “probably” still going on in the matter.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.