Rooney Mara: I ‘Hope’ To Make Dragon Tattoo Sequels; Actress Says Daniel Craig Also Game To Return
First Published: February 2, 2013 5:31 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Whatever the reasoning has been for the failure to shoot the follow up to 2011’s “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” franchise star Rooney Mara says it’s not for lack of enthusiasm from the film’s cast.
Access Hollywood caught up with the 27-year-old beauty at the premiere of her new thriller “Side Effects,” where she said she’d love to don Lisbeth Salander’s combat boots, piercings and extensive body ink once again.
“I don’t know. I hope so!” she told Access with a broad grin, when asked if there are plans to begin shooting “The Girl Who Played with Fire” — the next film in the English-language version series based on Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy. “But I don’t know.”
The actress also shot down rumors claiming a second film may be made without Rooney’s co-star Daniel Craig (who plays journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the film based on the best-selling books).
“No, that’s not a possibility. That won’t happen,” she said, when asked if the film would be made without Daniel. “I don’t know who started that rumor, but that’s not true.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, back in October, Daniel said he would most definitely be up for making the “…Played With Fire” installment.
“Of course I’ll embrace [the movie], especially if [David] Fincher does it,” Daniel told The LA Times of the possible sequel, referencing the first film’s director.
While David has yet to direct a sequel in his storied career, Daniel said he planned to attempt to persuade him to sign on for the next film.
“I’m definitely going to work on him,” he said.
“The Girl Who Played With Fire” centers around Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist as the pair investigate a violent sex-trafficking ring.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.