Ryan Murphy On ‘Glee’ Casting Rumors & His Reported ‘No Action In The Trailer’ Rule
First Published: July 10, 2010 7:44 PM EDT Credit: AFP/Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Who’s going to be on “Glee’s” second season? Only creator Ryan Murphy knows for sure – and he gave Access Hollywood the scoop.
“No, Julia [Roberts] will not be doing the show,” he told Access’ Tony Potts of his “Eat Pray Love” leading lady, debunking one rumor before fanning the flames of another.
“Javier [Bardem]… wants to play a Spanish rock ‘n’ roll guy, so if we can make that work… he’s the best there is. [That’s] something we’ll probably do in the first half of the season,” Murphy revealed.
Javier’s potential appearance on the show was first reported last week, before being reportedly denied by a 20th Century Fox rep.
As for those stars already on the show, Murphy cleared up rumors of cast hook-ups and an on-set no-shenanigans policy.
“I was misquoted and that was blown completely out of proportion,” he explained. “I made a joke about how we have a ‘No action in the trailer’ rule and apparently [the reporter] thought I was serious.”
Instead, he said, his stars have higher priorities on their minds.
“They’re too busy counting their lines to see who’s heavily featured in the episode to even care about sex,” Murphy joked.
With a whopping 19 Emmy nominations on Thursday for the show’s debut season — the most for a nominated TV series this year — it would seem that the pressure’s on for Season 2 and 3, but the creator said he’s keeping calm.
“We created the show in a vacuum, so that’s how we continue to do it,” he said.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.