Sage Stallone Laid To Rest In Los Angeles

Sage Stallone pictured at the premiere of 'Rocky Balboa' at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on December 13, 2006 Sage Stallone pictured at the premiere of 'Rocky Balboa' at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on December 13, 2006

Sage Stallone – the 36-year-old son of Sylvester Stallone – was laid to rest in Los Angeles on Saturday.

According to reports from People and E! News, a private funeral was held for Sage at St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church, which was attended by Sage’s father Sylvester, as well as his mother Sasha Czack, along with family and close friends.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, an employee and a relative found Sage unresponsive in his Los Angeles home on July 13. When police arrived, they confirmed he was dead, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said at the time.

While the cause of death has yet to be determined, pending autopsy results, investigators have stated there were no signs of foul play or trauma.

Sage – an actor – starred with his father in the 1990 film “Rocky V.”

Following the news of his son’s death, Sylvester Stallone issued a statement expressing his grief.

“This is in reference to the speculation and questionable reporting surrounding the death of my son Sage. Because when a parent loses a child there is no greater pain. Therefore I am imploring people to respect my wonderfully talented son’s memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha, because this agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives,” the actor said in a statement to Access Hollywood on July 16. “Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son’s memory and Soul left in peace.”

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.