Sarah Jessica Parker Responds To ‘Sex And The City’ Sequel Talk
First Published: November 6, 2008 7:47 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- While Kim Cattrall recently seemed to hint the “Sex and The City” sequel was a done deal, series star and co-producer, Sarah Jessica Parker said things aren’t quite at that stage.
In a statement released to Access Hollywood, Parker cautioned fans to refrain from getting too excited – at least not yet.
“I’m thrilled to know Kim is excited but all the deals are not yet done. With ‘the wind on our heels,’ we hope to make it a reality,” Parker said in her statement to Access.
Earlier in the day, “SATC” fans were sent into a frenzy when quotes from Cattrall’s interview on the UK’s “The Paul O’Grady Show” were published, indicating Carrie Bradshaw and the gang were locked in for a sequel to the summer blockbuster.
“We will do the sequel next summer,” Cattrall said on the show, according to the BBC.
In her interview, Kim noted that it had been “difficult getting everybody who’s so incredibly busy all together at the same time.”
The actress also dismissed rumors of a reported feud on the set amongst the cast.
“[I] loved those women,” Cattrall added. “We wanted to the first time, and now we’re hopefully doing it again for the second time.”
“Sex and The City: The Movie” grossed over $408 million worldwide at the box office during its Summer 2008 run.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.