Sean Avery was given the boot Monday night on “Dancing with the Stars,” but the former pro hockey player is blaming the show’s producers for his bounce from the ballroom.
“I will tell everyone on #GMA tomorrow why i was voted off……my partner @Karina_Smirnoff is AMAZING,” he Tweeted after his elimination.
Tuesday on “Good Morning America,” the 33-year-old athlete explained further.
“I think we knew as of probably Monday last week that our fate was sealed,” he said. “I had a conversation with Conrad, one of the producers, and I was upset at the package that they had brought in the week previous, and it was a very tacky attempt to show me as the bad boy of ‘DWTS.’ And I think in reality TV or some sort of competition, if you have a disagreement with the producers then generally that seals your fate quite early.”
During a clip before he danced, the show referenced Sean’s 2008 “sloppy seconds” comment, in which he insinuated that other NHL players were falling for his exes – a comment he later apologized for. The clip appeared to be painting an image of his former bad boy status.
A rep for “DWTS” told Access Hollywood they had no comment on Sean’s claims.
Despite the early cut from the ABC reality competition, Sean said he enjoyed his time on the show.
”[Karina and I] had a fantastic time. I have a friend for life. I did the show for an amazing charity called Friends In Deed, which is based in New York, so I mean it was a win-win for me,” he added.
The former NHL player also addressed his haters on Twitter on Tuesday.
“To all u non-competitive sh*t talkers….not being happy about losing is usually a trait successful people carry. I tell it like it is,” he wrote.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.