Selena Gomez Cancels Tour: 'I Need To Spend Some Time On Myself'
Selena Gomez fans in Australia and Asia will not be dancing under the stars with the singer.
On Friday, the 21-year-old announced she would not be taking her “Stars Dance” tour down under or to Japan, China, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines.
“My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them,” Selena said in a statement to Access Hollywood on Friday. “But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be.
“To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me,” the statement continued.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Selena dropped an f-bomb at the KIIS FM’s 2013 Jingle Ball earlier this month following some apparent audio issues during her set.
“Sorry the sound isn’t working!” Selena told the crowd at the time, after her expletive outburst, eventually leaving the stage, only to return a few moments later.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.