Sheen: Stamos 'Doesn't Have What It Takes' To Replace Me On 'Two And A Half Men'
Charlie Sheen likes John Stamos, but says the former “Full House” star doesn’t have what it takes to take over as the star of “Two and a Half Men,” should CBS decide to replace its leading man.
“I love him. I like John, but he doesn’t have what I have and the show sucks if he’s on it,” Sheen told Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush during a 90-minute candid sit down interview at the actor’s home on Monday, set to air on Access Hollywood Live and Access Hollywood on Tuesday.
“Sorry, just speaking the truth,” Sheen added.
The rumors that Stamos was being courted for the hit sitcom first surfaced late last week, something the guest-starring “Glee” dentist addressed on Twitter before the weekend.
“contrary to the rumors, i am not replacing charlie sheen on two and half men. however, martin sheen has asked me to be his son,” Stamos Tweeted.
A new report surfaced on E! News on Monday claiming Stamos had been courted over the weekend, but so far, the actor has remained silent on the latest rumor and his rep didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from Access.
Beyond the Stamos rumors, in the candid interview, Sheen opened up about something on a lot of people’s minds – his “Two and a Half Men” co-stars, including Jon Cryer.
Sheen admitted to Bush that he has not talked to his castmates.
“I have not. No,” Sheen said.
“Do you feel like you should give him a phone call?” Bush asked.
“Well of course, but I also feel like it would be nice if a statement came out from him or Angus [T. Jones, who plays Jake Harper] or [series director] Jamie Widdoes — somebody, saying, ‘All right. We get it now. We heard those questions [you had for creator Chuck Lorre]. Those were rooted in absolute and total truth.’ You know, asking Chuck, ‘Why did this happen? Why’d you say this? Why’d you do this?’” Sheen said.
Sheen went on to say he would appreciate it if one of his co-stars spoke out in his defense.
“It’d be so nice to have the support of somebody, you know. The media’s stepping up and going, ‘Some of this is starting to make sense.’” Sheen said.
Bush went on to suggest reasons why Sheen’s co-stars may not have spoken out, and Sheen said he planned to call them.
“I think we all need to start having an open dialogue, but I’m just gonna lead by example because I’m not the only one that’s being screwed by this,” Sheen continued. “They are too and they have the autonomy to take the same kind of action I’m taking.”
A rep for Cryer did not respond to a request for comment from Access Hollywood.
For more of Bush’s interview with Sheen where he introduces his “goddesses,” shows off his new tattoo, explains what’s getting him high now that he is clean and sober, and how he thinks he and Chuck Lorre can put the past behind them and get back to work, tune into Access Hollywood Live on Tuesday morning and Access Hollywood Tuesday night
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.