FOX thinks “The X Factor” really has “The X Factor.”
On Wednesday, the network announced that Simon Cowell’s newest import reality competition was renewed for a second season.
“I am absolutely thrilled with the news,” Simon said in a statement. “I have loved making the show and I want to thank FOX, our sponsors and most importantly, the fans for supporting ‘The X Factor.’”
Mike Darnell, FOX’s President of Alternative Entertainment, said he was pleased with the ratings of the show, so far.
”‘The X Factor’ is a monumental success,” his statement read. “It’s won every night it’s been on the air, the talent is phenomenal, the live shows are spectacular and picking it up is a complete no-brainer. Simon and his team have done an incredible job with the show, and I’m absolutely thrilled to bring back ‘The X Factor’ for another fantastic season.”
On Wednesday, “The X Factor” enters its first live show for the public vote at 8/7 C on FOX.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.