Solange Knowles has finally spoken about her infamous elevator attack on Jay Z, which occurred in May at the Standard Hotel in New York City.
Speaking to Lucky magazine for their August issue, Beyonce’s sister said she’d prefer to never discuss “that thing” again.
“What’s important is that my family and I are all good,” Solange told the mag.
Adding, “What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that.”
The 28-year-old also spoke about her bond with Beyonce.
“We’ve always held each other down no matter what,” she said of her older sister. “That’s something I’m drilling into [my son] Julez now. I think about all of those phases that I went through, and the ridicule and whatever that I experienced. And I can’t think of one time where I ever felt like I was going to break.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, on May 15 (10 days after the elevator incident took place), Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange put out a statement.
“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” the family told the Associated Press at the time. “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
-- Erin O’Sullivan
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.