Sylvester Stallone is speaking out for the first time since the death of his son Sage last week.
“This is in reference to the speculation and questionable reporting surrounding the death of my son Sage. Because when a parent loses a child there is no greater pain. Therefore I am imploring people to respect my wonderfully talented son’s memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha, because this agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives,” the actor said in a statement to Access Hollywood. “Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son’s memory and Soul left in peace.”
An autopsy was reportedly performed on the 36-year-old on Sunday and there were no signs of foul play or trauma found.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Sage was found unresponsive in his Los Angeles home Friday by an employee and a relative, and police arrived and confirmed he was dead, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said.
“Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son,” publicist Michelle Bega said in a statement to Access at the time. “His compassion and thoughts are with Sage’s mother, Sasha.”
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.