The Great Gatsby-Inspired Party Recipes (Access Hollywood Live)
Leonardo DiCaprio is bringing the roaring ‘20s back with “The Great Gastby.” And what better way to get into the spirit than with a “Gatsby”-inspired party?!
Four Seasons executive chef Ashley James stopped by Access Hollywood Live to share some tasty treats perfect for the occasion!
Here’s how to make the dishes featured on Wednesday’s show:
Warm Potato Blinis with Caviar or Smoked Salmon
- Two large Idaho potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- Two whole eggs
- One heaped tablespoon of AP flour
- Four tablespoons of whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz of smoked salmon or 1 oz of caviar
- Vodka and chive crème fraiche
Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain the water and mash the potatoes with four tablespoons of milk. Leave the mashed potatoes to cool slightly. Add the two whole eggs and beat the mixture until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and the flour. Mix well. Heat a non-stick pan or electric griddle, brush with olive oil or clarified butter, place a tablespoon of the blinis mixture and cook for two minutes on sides until light brown and fluffy.
Vodka and chive crème fraiche:
- One cup of crème fraiche (could be substituted for sour cream)
- Zest and juice of two lemons
- Two tablespoons of chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One shot of your favorite vodka
Whisk the crème fraiche by hand or using electric whisk until thick. Add the lemon juice, zest, chives, salt and pepper to taste and mix well. These blinis are amazing topped with great quality smoked salmon or caviar of your choice.
Gatsby Inspired Seafood Salad in Martini Glass (can use shrimp, crab or lobster)
- 8 oz of cooked seafood of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of fine chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped chives
- 1/2 head of iceberg or romaine lettuce, finely shredded
Sauce Marie Rose:
- 4 heaped tablespoons of store bought or house made mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Tobasco to taste
- One teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon of congac or brandy
Mix together all the ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste. Place finely shredded lettuce into a martini cup or elegant glass of your choice. Mound your chosen seafood in a bowl on top of the lettuce followed by all of the other ingredients. Add dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a lemon wedge with a sprinkling of paprika.
The Great Gatsby Cocktail
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until very smooth. Serve in a champagne coupe or martini glass garnished with a fresh mint sprig.
- Five fresh mint leaves2 shots of triple sec
- 2 shots of vodka of your choice
- 2 shots of gin of your choice – the chef loves Hendrick’s
- One egg white
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup of ice