Swimsuit season is in full swing! And, with upcoming Fourth of July holiday, some women will be scrambling to find the perfect suit for the upcoming holiday beach festivities.
Yet, hunting down a flattering suit can be nearly impossible.
Prevention magazine’s contributing editor Jessica Cassity stopped by Access Hollywood Live with tips for scoring the right suit for every body type.
Here are a few of Jessica’s picks for different problem zones:
1. Best For Minimizing Muffin Top: (TYR High-waist bikini bottoms and Atlantic dot shirred-side tankini, $36 and $52; tyr.com) The no-show, high waisted bikini bottoms instantly slim your middle. The suit also has Powermesh control, which flattens, shapes and slims to minimize flaws and maximize shape. The top also has special contour cups that blend into the suit to give you shape without visible lines.
2. Best For Playing Up Your Upper Body: (Reebok Cannonball scooped-neck one-piece, $98; Macy’s, bonton.com) The festive bubble pattern on this scooped-neck-one-piece draws the eye up to shapely shoulders, while the black fabric slims your lower half. Antibounce bra cups and an empire support band offer shape and support. A special tummy-control panel smoothes and flattens.
3. Best For Flattering Legs: (Speedo Endurance &side shirred tank, $84; speedousa.com) The moderate cut of this tank’s leg opening showcases legs, while still keeping things modest. The suit has strategically placed mesh fabric that slims and trims for a flattering fit. It’s also available in all plus sizes.
4. Best For All-Over Slenderizing: (Spanx long & lean halter, $188; spanx.com) This suit is a splurge, but if you have some extra cash it’s an excellent body problem solver. Compression lining slims hips and flattens your tummy, and side ruching shapes your waist. Flirty vertical ruffles add a touch of glamour and make you look taller too.
5. Best For Creating Cleavage: (TYR solid twisted bra tank, $74; tyr.com) The feminine neckline and built-in soft cups add fullness without looking fake. The adjustable straps stay put during swim sessions.
For more swimsuit tips, check out www.prevention.com.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.