Top 12 Headlines Of 2012: First-Time Celebrity Parents (#8)
Hollywood kept the stork’s schedule quite full in 2012. Along with celebs welcoming their second (Maggie Gyllenhaal) or third (Reese Witherspoon) child, the year was full of first-time parents!
Of course, with the big news of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s impending arrival, they are slated to join the first-time parents club in 2013, but in the meantime, here’s a look back at some of the stars who became proud moms and dads for the first time in 2012:
- Beyonce & Jay-Z: This stunning couple welcomed their first baby, daughter Blue Ivy Carter, in early January. The power pair, who tied the knot in 2008, shelled out a reported $1.3 million to rent out an entire floor of New York City’s Lenox Hill hospital for Blue’s big arrival.
Daddy Jay was so smitten with his baby girl that he immediately penned a heartwarming song about Blue, and the couple soon released a statement thanking fans for their love and prayers.
Beyonce’s former Destiny’s Child bandmate Kelly Rowland stopped by Access Hollywood Live in February, where she told us baby Blue is quite the looker.
“She’s beautiful, she’s beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous!” Kelly told Billy Bush and Kit Hoover at the time.
Watch Kelly dish on Beyonce’s post-baby bod, HERE.
- Jessica Simpson & Eric Johnson: Jessica Simpson and fiance Eric Johnson welcomed a baby girl, Maxwell Drew, in May. The happy new parents released the news by posting a message on Jess’ personal website.
Read the message, HERE.
Carrying a baby has its inherent challenges, and in true J. Simps style, (prior to Maxwell’s arrival) the hilariously outspoken singer/reality star/fashion mogul kept her fans in the loop regarding all of her pregnancy cravings and mood swings – including getting emotional over soufflés!
Adding to the story, in November, the 32-year-old mom (who had been delaying her wedding to Eric until she was able to fit into her dream gown again post-baby), may have to delay her wedding for yet another year, as a new report claims she’s expecting another baby! Read the news, HERE.
- Drew Barrymore & Will Kopelman: Newlyweds Drew and Will tied the knot in June, and welcomed their first child, daughter Olive Barrymore Kopelman, in late September.
The couple stepped out for their first public appearance since becoming parents at a LACMA event in late October.
See Drew’s stunning post-baby look, HERE.
- Chris Hemsworth & Elsa Pataky: Sexy Norse God “Thor” and his stunning “Fast Five” wife welcomed their first baby, daughter India Rose, in May.
In an interview with Access, Chris, 29, explained the meaning behind his daughter’s name… and couldn’t resist dropping a few jokes as well.
“I wanted to call her Indiana Jones, but it didn’t work out too well for a female, so India was the version,” he told us at the time, laughing.
In June, the proud new papa later updated us about us about his “great” new life as a daddy – read about it, HERE.
- Megan Fox & Brian Austin Green: “Transformers” bombshell Megan Fox and husband Brian Austin Green pulled off the stealthiest star pregnancy of the year. The couple never formerly confirmed Megan was expecting and stayed virtually off the grid while she was sporting a baby bump.
The easy-on-the-eyes pair even managed to keep their little one’s birth a secret until three weeks after his arrival (quite a feat in buzzy Hollywood)!
Megan and Brian (who does have another son from a prior marriage) announced the arrival of baby boy Noah via Facebook post in mid-October, writing, “We have been very lucky to have had a peaceful few weeks at home, but I would like to release this myself before others do. I gave birth to our son Noah Shannon Green on September 27th. He is healthy, happy, and perfect.”
Read more from the happy new mom, HERE.
Check out more first-time parents, HERE.
More from our Top 12 Headlines of 2012: #9 – The Rise Of “The Hunger Games”, HERE!
(On Monday, our countdown continues with the #7 Headline of 2012, as we look back at the massive shakeups of “American Idol” and “The X Factor.”)
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.