Two And A Half Men Star Angus T. Jones Apologizes For YouTube Rant; Charlie Sheen Calls Show 'Cursed'

“Two and a Half Men” star Angus T. Jones wants his cast, crew and producers to know he meant no “disrespect” by his comments in a recent YouTube video, where he called the show “filth.”

“I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours,” Jones’ statement, released on Tuesday night through a rep, read. “While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear.

“Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on ‘Two and Half Men’ with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family,” his statement continued.

Jones went on to call his experience on “Two and a Half Men” “significant.”

“Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them,” he said in the statement.

“I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

“I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that,” the actor’s statement concluded.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Jones slammed his CBS sitcom in a series of religious-themed postings on YouTube.

“Jake from ‘Two and a Half Men’ means nothing. He’s a non-existent character,” the actor, 19, said in part two of a more than 14-minute clip, posted by The Forerunner Chronicles, an apparently religious-themed video channel, on YouTube on Monday.

Jones went on to urge fans to stop watching his show.

“If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching ‘Two and a Half Men.’ I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men.’ I don’t want to be on it,” he can be seen saying in the clip. “Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth, please.”

Meanwhile, former series star Charlie Sheen has weighed in on his ex-co-star’s rant, dubbing the CBS sitcom “cursed.”

“With Angus’s Hale-Bopp-like meltdown, it is radically clear to me that the show is cursed,” Charlie told People.

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.