Vanessa Minnillo Shoots Down New Year's Eve Wedding Reports
Vanessa Minnillo is shooting down reports that she and her fiance, Nick Lachey, will ring in the New Year as husband and wife.
Rumors flew after Nick’s recent appearance on “The Rachael Ray Show,” where the “Sing-Off” host told Rachael, “We’re going to be in Tuscany for New Year’s. Who knows, we may be married in Tuscany…”
However, Vanessa said the comments by her beau were taken out of context.
“He was joking,” Vanessa told press at the BLACK 15n1 event at The Andy LeCompte Salon in West Hollywood on Wednesday. “We are not getting married in Italy.
“I think that’s the game of telephone. He said it sarcastically and it was misconstrued in print,” Vanessa added. “But that would be a great idea, wouldn’t it?”
As for details on the couple’s impending nuptials, the former MTV VJ said their fans will have to wait and see.
“We haven’t started planning,” Vanessa said. “I’m not being sarcastic when I say we are enjoying the bliss of it. I feel irresponsible not having a date!”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, after dating for nearly four years (they split briefly in June 2009) Nick and Vanessa confirmed their engagement last month.
The pair have not yet revealed when they plan to wed.
When they do, it will be the first marriage for Vanessa, 30, and the second for Nick, 36. He, of course, was previously married to Jessica Simpson, who also announced her engagement last month – to Yale graduate and former NFL player Eric Johnson.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.