Twerking, multiple candles and a glass table all added up to make the YouTube viral sensation “Worst Twerk Fail EVER - Girl Catches Fire!,” but it turns out Jimmy Kimmel was responsible for the video.
After getting almost 10 million hits online, the late night talk show host and stuntwoman Daphne Avalon – who was previously identified as Caitlin Heller – came clean about their prank.
“We shot the video about two months ago,” he said on Monday’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live.” “We put it up and didn’t send it to any TV station. I didn’t tweet it, we didn’t put it on any websites. We just put it up on YouTube and let the magic happen.”
Daphne said her family and friends were shocked to see her slam into a glass table and catch on fire. (Watch the original video!)
“I got numerous Facebook [messages]… texts,” she said.
Jimmy is hoping that the video squashes the dance craze that made headlines for Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke at the VMAs.
“Thank you for helping us deceive the world and hopefully put an end to twerking forever,” the talk show host added.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.