X Factor: Khloe Kardashian, Mario Lopez Sign On As Hosts
First Published: October 16, 2012 12:02 AM EDT Credit: WireImage
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- After months of rumors and a slew of celebrity names tossed around, it appears “The X Factor” has finally found a host.
In fact, the FOX reality series has found two of them.
A source close to the show tells Access Hollywood that Khloe Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez have both signed on to host the show.
The news – one of reality TV’s worst kept secrets – means the FOX series will add two new stars to its roster, joining judges Simon Cowell, Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and L.A. Reid.
E! News also reported Khloe had inked her deal, earlier in the day.
Back in September on the eve of the Season 2 premiere, Simon told Access Hollywood the show was getting close to finding its pair of hosts.
“We’re getting close. I think I know the two people it’s going to be now,” Simon told Access Hollywood at “The X Factor” Season 2 premiere party in Los Angeles at the time. “It’s going to be a boy and a girl.”
Khloe and Mario will step in as the show gets ready to begin the live rounds in November, where America’s votes will eventually determine the Season 2 champ. Up until now, the show has featured pre-taped audition rounds.
Simon’s plan for “The X Factor” always appeared to include dual hosts, even before the Season1 debut. Brit Steve Jones and Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger had been tapped as the hosting pair for the first season, before Nicole eventually was moved to the judges’ table following Cheryl Cole’s departure.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.