Zachary Quinto Keeps Quiet Over Recent 'Star Trek' Sequel Photos

Zachary Quinto and writer-director J.C. Chandor arrive at the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at the Hollywood & Highland Center, Hollywood, on February 26, 2012 Zachary Quinto and writer-director J.C. Chandor arrive at the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at the Hollywood & Highland Center, Hollywood, on February 26, 2012

Zachary Quinto shied away from explaining what’s going on in the “Star Trek” sequel photos that hit the web earlier in the week, showing Zach engaged in some sort of conflict with British actor Benedict Cumberbatch.

“I have no comment on that,” Zachary told Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush on Sunday’s Oscars red carpet, when our host showed the actor one of the pics that’s made the rounds online. Click HERE to see the photos.

“I have no comment on that,” he repeated again, shaking his head with a laugh.

When Billy pointed out Zachary, who plays Spock in the film franchise reboot, didn’t look happy in the photos, Zach dropped the tiniest of “ST2” hints.

“I’m not happy,” he said, seemingly referring to battling it out with Benedict, who is rumored to be playing the villain in the upcoming film.

Zachary was on the red carpet at the Oscars with writer/director J.C. Chandor, who is nominated for Best Writing, Original Screenplay, for “Margin Call,” which Zachary starred in.

J.C. told Billy he actually visited Zach on the “Star Trek” sequel set during the week and he said producers are working to keep the news of the movie under lock and key.

“I brought my daughter to visit the set earlier the set, while they were doing that… They made her sign a non-disclosure contract — a 6-year-old,” he said.

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.