Lies! Blackmail! Manipulation! From “Ugly Betty’s” Wilhelmina Slater to “Gossip Girl’s” Blair Waldorf, these television characters will stop at nothing to get exactly what they want.
With the new fall lineup in full swing, television shows from “Glee” to “Melrose Place” have given us even more “bad girl” characters like Sue Sylvester and Ella Simms – just two new power hungry vixens that have overstepped all boundaries to make their way to the top.
And then there are reality stars like Kristin Cavallari of “The Hills” who will go to any length to steal the spotlight.
But who is the most ferocious of them all? From mayhem to maniac, Access Hollywood.com counts down TV’s Top 10 leading ladies you love to hate!
10) “The Office’s” Angela Martin — Known for taking her work way too seriously (and being weirdly obsessed with her cats), the conservative lone female accountant of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company’s Scranton branch openly disagrees with Pam and Jim’s flirtation, but doesn’t stop there. Angela (played by Angela Kinsey) refuses to participate in any of the dance parties, tells off boss Michael Scott numerous times, is never willing to compromise on party planning committee ideas, and cheated on her fiance Andy Bernard with Dwight Schrute.
9) Celia Hodes of “Weeds” — A stereotypical suburban mom, Celia (Elizabeth Perkins) constantly criticizes her overweight daughter, Isabelle, nicknaming her ‘Isabelly’ and also sends her other daughter, Quinn, to boarding school. Elizabeth’s only remedy for her unhappy marriage and ‘frenemy’ relationship with Nancy is alcohol and the random verbal abuse of others.
8) Ella Simms, “Melrose Place” -- With the remake of “Melrose” we have a new blonde bad girl in town. It seems that nothing can stop Ella Simms (played by the talented new Katie Cassidy). “If I want something, I go out and get it,” she quipped on a recent episode. Her vicious behavior has deemed her the Amanda Woodward of the ‘Melrose’ reboot. Although Sydney Andrews took Ella under her wings and molded her into the woman she is today, she is suspected of murdering Sydney. So, did she or didn’t she? We wouldn’t put it past her!
7) “90210’s” Naomi Clark — Played by AnnaLynne McCord, Naomi is the queen bee of West Beverly Hills High on “90210.” Not only does she use Annie’s ex-boyfriend (Jason) as a weapon to get back at her for hiding her relationship with Ethan (Naomi’s ex-boyfriend on Season 1), but in Season 2 she also sends nude pictures of Annie to everybody at the school as an act of revenge, because she believes Annie slept with Liam. Naughty Naomi!
6) Kristin Cavallari of “The Hills” – “This Hills” is never shy of drama, but even less so now with the re-appearance of “Laguna Beach’s” Kristin Cavallari. Lauren Conrad’s high school rival was always best known for her catty behavior and now she has brought that hostility to “The Hills.” Kristin has dangled her relationship with Stephen in front of Lauren, and at Audrina’s 24th birthday party Kristin began flirting with Audrina’s on-and-off-again boyfriend Justin Bobby causing a storm of drama.
5) Blair Waldorf of “Gossip Girl” – Blair (Leighton Meester) never shies away from getting what she wants. With the start of the new season of “Gossip Girl,” she tries to buy her friends at NYU in order to keep her Queen Bee status in college. From sleeping with her ex-boyfriend’s best friend, Chuck Bass, to sabotaging her own mother’s fashion show in order to get back at Little J, Blair Waldorf is the epitome of mean girl. XOXO
4) Angela Petrelli of “Heroes” – Angela (Christine Rose) has the power to manipulate others’ dreams. Known for always having a hidden agenda, Angela has gone so far as erasing her children’s memories and tricking Sylar into believing that she is his mother. She uses her powers to make her way to the top, and is willing to step on anyone to get there.
3) Sue Sylvester in “Glee” – Power-hungry cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) on the new fall FOX comedy “Glee” is known for terrorizing the glee-club losers and being equally as brutal on her “Cheerio” cheerleaders as she makes a run for the national championship trophy. Just this line alone — “This is what we call a total disaster ladies. I’m going to ask you to smell your armpits. That’s the smell of failure and it’s stinking up my office” — has gotten her a top spot on our list!
2) “Ugly Betty’s” Wilhelmina Slater — The Creative Director of Mode magazine not only uses and abuses her loyal assistant Marc on “Ugly Betty,” but she will go to any length to overthrow Daniel Meade as Editor-in-Chief. Played by the iconic Vanessa Williams, the self-absorbed diva and former supermodel has constructed numerous schemes in attempt to undermine Daniel — one of which involved trying to marry his dad, Bradford, to gain control of half of the company.
1) Patty Hewes of “Damages” — This icy, tight-lipped attorney knows exactly how to manipulate others to her own advantage. Patty (Glenn Close) torments witnesses, tries to kill her protege Ellen Parsons, blackmails Frobisher into getting rid of his whole fortune, and worst of all, orders a witness’ dog to be killed. Because only a true Cruella would kill a helpless animal.
Access’ Honorable Mentions:
“Melrose Place’s” Amanda Woodward — From the original show, Heather Locklear’s Amanda Woodward is ruthless, backstabbing and just plain cruel. The ferocious ad executive is making her way back to “Melrose Place,” and we can only imagine what she will do next. In the past, she has fired Chas, set up Allison for failure only to give her the boot as well and even threatened her stalker with death so adamantly that she left him in tears.
“Gossip Girl’s” Georgina Sparks -- Another ‘Gossip’ meanie, Georgina, played by Michelle Trachtenberg, has only one mission- and that is to make the lives of Serena and Blair as miserable as possible. She blackmailed Serena with the videotape of Pete’s overdose, she drugged Serena the night before her SATs, convinced Serena’s then-boyfriend Dan to cheat on her and plotted against Blair as they both entered NYU.
Heidi Montag of “The Hills” – Known for her attention-grabbing ways, Heidi is one of Hollywood’s most talked about reality show personalities. She sabotaged her friendship with Lauren Conrad to be with Spencer Pratt, has driven a hole into her relationship with her own mother and sister because of him and when Spencer started rumors about a sex tape between Lauren and Jason Wahler, she jumped to his side instead of standing up for her friend.
“House’s” Dr. Lisa Cuddy -- And finally, the Dean of Medicine and hospital administrator, Dr. Lisa Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) is portrayed as an intelligent and ambitious woman. She met House while they both attended the University of Michigan. Years later when House suffers an injury to his right leg, he is treated by Cuddy. She decides to remove the dead muscle in his leg against his wishes, leaving House with a permanent disability and chronic pain.