Barbara Walters had a little shock on Monday when she found out that Lindsay Lohan is set to sit down for an interview with Jay Leno on “The Tonight Show” next week – especially because the starlet just canceled one with the veteran journalist.
It was on Friday that news surfaced that the “Liz & Dick” star would no longer be sitting down with Barbara for an interview – a move Deadline reported was due to the actress’ new PR team being unhappy with the direction of the piece. Later that same day, NBC released “The Tonight Show” listings, which included an upcoming appearance by Lindsay on November 20.
Barbara said that after putting in a lot of work – including a set visit over the summer to the Lifetime “Liz & Dick” production – she wished she had been let down easier.
“If they’d said to me, ‘She isn’t up for the kind of questions you might ask’Ã¢â¬Â¦ if they had told me that, I wouldn’t feel quite as disappointed as I do today,” Barbara said on Monday’s “The View.”
“I wish Lindsay the best,” Barbara continued. “We would have done a wonderful interview. I hope she feels well. As far Jay goes, I love Jay, more power to him.”
With Barbara’s interview now canceled, on Monday’s “The View” she rolled out some of the footage shot over the summer on the Lifetime production. In the clip, Lindsay, dressed as Elizabeth Taylor, addressed the incident where paramedics were called to her hotel room while she was sleeping.
“I think I was just honestly tired. I needed a nap for 15 minutes and then there were seven paramedics in a room so imagine how I felt,” Lindsay told Barbara at the time, addressing reports she was found unconscious back in June.
At the time, Lindsay explained the situation on Twitter, writing, “Note to self.. After working 85 hours in 4 days, and being up all night shooting, be very aware that you might pass out from exhaustion & 7 paramedics MIGHT show up @ your doorÃ¢â¬Â¦ Hopefully they’re cute. Otherwise it would be a real let down.”