The Department of Public Health has reportedly launched an investigation into the deaths of Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack due to mold found in their home.
According to TMZ, law enforcement sources said mold was found in the couple’s home which was at first decided “not to be a contributing factor” to Murphy’s death, but after Monjack was found dead on May 23, the Department of Public Health decided to look into the matter further.
Brittany Murphy’s mother, Sharon, is reportedly flying home from Europe to allow investigators into the home where both Murphy and Monjack died. Simon’s mother, Linda Monjack, will also reportedly be coming from Europe to be close to the investigation.
However, on Monday Sharon told People the reports mold in the house are “absurd.”
“I have never been personally asked by the coroner or anyone from the Health Department to come and inspect my home for mold,” Sharon told the mag. “In the last eight months, I have been through the most unimaginable events, which no one could ever fathom. I have and will continue to be very cooperative and fully comply with any such request.”
Adding, “It’s absurd that this kind of misinformation is being reported by the media.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Simon Monjack died from pneumonia and severe anemia and Murphy’s cause of death was determined to be anemia, pneumonia and multiple drug intoxication (including prescription medications, not illegal drugs) and was officially ruled an accident.