Brooke Burke-Charvet is recuperating after undergoing a thyroidectomy surgery on Thursday.
“I’m resting, recovering. Surgery went well,” the “Dancing with the Stars” co-host Tweeted early Thursday morning. “Dr Adashek is a genius. Thx Dr! Feels like I got hit [by] a car :(“
Though uncomfortable, Brooke said she was filled with relief that she came through the surgery without having her voice affected (a complication possible with a thyroidectomy).
“Thank God it’s over. I’m clean, surgery went well & I can talk. Losing My voice was my biggest fear,” she added. “Thx for all your prayers & light.”
The 41-year-old also took to her blog to share how her children reacted to the news that their mother would have to undergo cancer surgery (she told her two oldest children first, but postponed explaining the news to her two youngest until later), and thanked husband David Charvet for his unwavering support during this trying time.
“I’ve really realized that everything I’m going through, my family is going through too,” she wrote in a post titled “We’re All In This Together.” “I think I’m as concerned for my husband as he is for me - he’s been so strong and such a rock. He’s trying not to show any of his fears and concerns so that he can be strong for me.”
Adding, “But we’ve had our moments and I think it’s so, so important that you care for everyone in a family that’s dealing with a medical crisis the same way you emotionally care for the patient themselves.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, revealed she’d been diagnosed with thyroid cancer in a video posted early November on her Modern Mom YouTube channel.