Desiree Hartsock thinks her former suitor, Juan Pablo Galavis, is an excellent choice to be the 18th “Bachelor.”
“Juan’s a great guy,” she told Access Hollywood on Tuesday, as she did an interview alongside her new fiance, Chris Siegfried.
“He’s very sincere and he’s really looking for love, so I hope that he does find it,” she added of her former suitor.
On Monday night, ABC announced that Juan Pablo, a former pro soccer player from Miami, will be the star of the 18th installment of the dating franchise.
Back in January, he spoke to AccessHollywood.com’s Laura Saltman, and while he admitted he didn’t know who Desiree was when he joined the cast of “The Bachelorette” — he said she was “a very pretty girl.
It was a friend of Juan Pablo’s who actually introduced him to the show.
“I wasn’t planning on it and a friend of mine just called me and told me, you should be the next ‘Bachelor’ or whatever,” he previously told Access of how he got involved.
“Then they [sent] me the contract,” he added. “They called me in October .”
Juan Pablo’s journey on “The Bachelorette” ended on a trip to Barcelona, where he was sent home. He is hoping to find love on his own “Bachelor” journey, and one day, giving his daughter, Camila, a brother and a sister, according to ABC.
“The Bachelor” will return to ABC in January 2014.
-- Jolie Lash