According to a credible source, an employee of Anna Nicole Smith found her in her room in the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida. The employee pulled back a sheet and discovered that she appeared to have choked on her own vomit.
The same source claims that Smith took what was referred to as a “children’s sedative,” and had “kept passing out” before her death.
AccessHollywood.com has learned from this same source that one of the attending physicians at Memorial Regional Hospital was Dr. Randy Katz. When we contacted Dr. Katz, he acknowledged that he was indeed an attending physician, but Dr. Katz would not comment on any specifics related to his care of Smith.
AccessHollywood.com was unable to reach Smith’s companion Howard K. Stern for comment.
At a press conference Friday afternoon, Dr. Joshua Perper, who performed the autopsy, said that there is no cause of determination yet for Anna Nicole’s death. He added, however, that definitive results could take 3 to 5 weeks --that the death could have been from natural causes, tied to a medical cause or chemical, or that it could be a combination of the two factors.
Dr. Perper also said that he did not find evidence of large amounts of pills in Anna Nicole’s stomach.
At the same press conference Seminole Police Chief Charlie Tiger said that there was no evidence of foul play, and that no illegal drugs were found in Anna Nicole’s room at the hotel. Only prescription drugs were found, and he would not release the name or names on the prescriptions.
A private nurse called 911 after finding Smith unresponsive in her sixth-floor room, said Tiger. He said Smith’s bodyguard administered cardiopulmonary resuscitation about an hour before she was declared dead. Tiger said Anna Nicole came to the hospital dead on arrival.
(the photo above is the final known photo taken of Anna Nicole, pictured with Howard K. Stern, prior to her death — together in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood, FL)