The annual Access Hollywood holiday party is this Friday night after work and I’m confronted with the same old dilemma everyone faces…what to wear?
And during the busy holiday season, how do you easily make the transition from office appropriate to party perfect?
“A good way to capture the holiday spirit and maintain your professional style is to wear fun, chic accessories,” according to Kristin Rawson, Ann Taylor’s Style Director. “If you can’t get away with too many accessories at work, then bring them in your bag for later that night. They are the easiest way to take an outfit from the office to a night out on the town.” Here Kristin shares some style suggestions to help you make the day-to-night transformation.
1. If you wear a suit to work during the day, add some jewelry and a belt with personality for a little something special before the event. Some of my favorite jewelry pieces from the Holiday Collection are the matching, braided, Shimmer Chain Necklace and bracelet in Gunmetal. The Ann Taylor Snow Leopard Skinny Belt is perfect to add flair to a basic suit.
2. Pair a black blazer with one of our party perfect dresses and look like a professional throughout the day. Before the cocktail, nix the blazer and add crystal earrings and a stretch bracelet for a touch of over-the-top glamour. Some favorite dresses are the One-Shoulder Cascade Dress in black with lace trim and the classic cocktail dress in a red “Winter Rose” print.
3. We adore shimmer and shine. The holiday season is all about sparkle. Liven up your work outfit by stacking our Swarovski crystal bracelets or put on a sparkly necklace for a fun and festive look.
4. Another way to feel festive when you are going from a work to after-work event is to switch out your day bag for a fun evening bag. We suggest our Feather Clutch or the clutch in the signature Ann Taylor Snow Leopard print for a little drama.
5. Always keep a fun pair of heels under your desk. The Ann Taylor gold t-strap, Camille Strappy Sandal or the Perfect Leopard Platform Pump will help add that party perfect touch.
For more info head to www.anntaylor.com.