Bathing suit season is here, which translates to two things — good times at the pool and beach, but dressing room panic attacks for many!
Swimwear Stylist and fit expert Pattie Byrnes offers these stress-free tips to help you find the perfect fit for your shape.
For ladies heavier on the bottom than on top try the below tips:
- Draw the eye up away from your lower level with clever designs and bright colors on top to accentuate your best assets
- Balance proportions by choosing a halter, H back or a style that wraps around the neck to give the illusion of broader shoulders.
- Suffering from cellulite and saddlebags? Look for cute skirted bottoms or swim dresses to hide problem areas.
- Try a swimsuit romper! Rompers are right on trend this summer and a fashionable way to cover up problem areas.
A Larger Midsection
Looking to hide tummy bumps and bulges? Fake a Gwen Stefani six pack with the below tips:
- Draw the eye away from the stomach area by wearing a decorative print that draws eyes upwards
- Flatten the tummy by investing in swimwear that incorporates control fabrics designed to flatten your stomach.
- Looks for designs with strategic shirring and draping over the stomach area to conceal any bumps and bulges.
Large Chest or Saggy Breasts
Need a lift? Try the below to make the most of your assets
- Swimsuits with adjustable straps are a must-have! As these allow you to control lift and fit.
- Lift breasts with underwire. Buy swimsuits with similar features to your favourite bra.
- For a boost try a design with removable pads so you can control your bust size.
- Big breasted? Look for designs with thick straps which offer better lift and support.
A Long Torso
Embrace a long torso with clever designs
- Try a swimsuit with adjustable straps to reduce pull on shoulders.
- Finding a regular fit uncomfortable? Try some of the long torso suits now available. These are specially constructed to fit longer stomachs.
- Look for a design with colors or clever patterns that cut across the torso and break up the length.
-- Ryan Patterson