Halloween is almost here! And that means it’s time to scare up some fun for the whole family!
Family Fun magazine’s Mary Giles stopped by Access Hollywood Live with some great pumpkin-carving tips, as well as some healthy snack ideas perfect for Halloween!
Here are the recipes Mary shared on today’s show…
- Using a small knife (adults only), slice the top off a navel orange and cut around its interior to hollow it out
- Scoop out the orange segments, chop them, and mix them with fresh or canned fruit salad
- Carve facial features into the orange and cut a slit in the center of the lid big enough to accommodate a spoon
- Fill the orange with the fruit salad, insert a green plastic spoon, and set the lid in place.
- In a food processor, puree 1/2 cup of fresh spinach with 10 ounces of hummus
- Spread the dip in a platter or baking dish and top with veggie trees and a pretzel fence
- For the boiled egg ghosts, cut slits and insert black olive features
- Use an edible marker to turn crackers into tombstones
- Serve with carrot stick dippers on the side
PUMPKIN PATCH DIPPERS
- Peel a large carrot and cut it into ¼ inch-thick coins
- Skewer each coin with a toothpick, first sliding a small, curly parsley leaf on the pick
- Thread a scallion stem onto each toothpick
- Serve the “pumpkins” in a bowl of hummus or another favorite dip