Stop fighting the treadmill lines and the over-crowded classes; instead create your own gym routine at home. “All you need is a little space to move and the desire to improve your health,” reveals fitness expert, Lisa Wheeler, who is the program director of DailyBurn Fitness, an online health and fitness destination that delivers personalized workout information. “If you can lunge to the front and back and do a side lunge right and left, you have plenty of room to do our workouts. For floor work, all you need is enough room to do a push up,” adds Lisa.
Plus, there’s no need for bulky or pricey training equipment, a lot of the DailyBurn workouts are designed to use your body weight only, or offer accessible alternative props if you don’t have a particular piece of equipment. “DailyBurn features six personal trainers with diverse fitness philosophies and backgrounds. Each trainer provides various workouts ranging from 10 minutes to one hour. It’s like having a personal trainer in the palm of your hand – or better still, like having a gym full of elite instructors available to you wherever you are, 24/7,” reveals Lisa. There’s no need to rush like a maniac to get to your favorite class or be bummed when the class is filled. Instead, you can workout whenever you feel like and for as long as you want.
If you want a total body conditioning that doesn’t require equipment, here’s an example of a 25 minute routine.
1. Pick 4 exercises that target all the major muscle groups of the body (Alternating Lunges, Push Ups, Alternating Squat Kicks, and a Bear Squat). A DailyBurn instructor will go through each routine and teach correct form.
2. Get a timer and set for one minute repeats.
3. Do 5 reps of each exercise (alternating move count right and left side as 1 rep) as fast as you can with good form and full range of motion within one minute. Any remaining time within that minute is your recovery – breathe, drink water, towel off.
4. Repeat the 1 minute bouts for 14 rounds (trust us, by round 8 you will begin to feel the burn!)
5. The entire workout should be about 25 minutes (4 minute warm up and 6 minute cool down and stretch.)
DailyBurn also includes nutritional dietary guidance, plus the app tracks your program and changes up your workout routine. And, it’s only $9.99/month – a whole lot cheaper than a gym. For a free week trial, head to www.dailyburn.com.