A British judge has awarded “Notting Hill” actor Hugh Grant the right to see evidence that could reveal whether his voice mails were intercepted by journalists at the now-defunct News of the World.
A judge at Britain’s High Court said police should disclose information to him that was allegedly gathered by private investigator Glenn Mulcaire and used by the Sunday tabloid and other newspapers.
Grant, who says he was told his phone was broken into by the News of the World, has been one of the most prominent celebrity critics of the 168-year-old tabloid, which was shut down earlier this month amid a widening scandal over its misdeeds.
Socialite Jemima Khan was also given the right to see the phone hacking evidence.
Police declined comment Wednesday.