Britney has officially found her “Femme Fatale” opening act.
The always stylish – and equally outlandish — Nicki Minaj will join Britney on tour as her opening act, Britney announced on Tuesday morning on her official website.
“This is the Femme Fatale tour and I’m thrilled to have the hot Nicki Minaj join me and Jessie and the Toy Boys and Nervo will get everyone on the dance floor,” Britney said in a statement posted to the site. “Can’t wait to take the Femme Fatales on the road.”
“Could not think of a sexier Femme Fatale than @NickiMinaj to come on tour with me! Gonna be a hot summer people!” Britney also posted to her Twitter page on Tuesday.
The all female line-up will take the stage when the tour kicks off on June 16 in Sacramento, Calif., before wrapping up on August 13 in Toronto, Ontario.
Before joining Britney on the road, Nicki will wrap up her current jaunt as part of Lil Wayne’s “I Am Still Music” tour, which concludes May 1 in New Jersey.
A slew of names had been bandied about as potential openers for Britney’s latest trek, including Nicki, Usher and even Joe Jonas.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, in late March, Britney announced on “Good Morning America” that Enrique Iglesias would be taking on opening act duties for her tour. However, the next day, a rep for the Latin heartthrob revealed to Access Hollywood that he would not be joining Britney on tour.
“Unfortunately, Enrique Iglesias and Britney Spears will not be touring together,” the rep said in a statement to Access at the time.
Instead, Enrique’s camp added that he would be continuing his solo tour in support of his album “Euphoria.”