While the New Kids on the Block have kept relatively quiet over rumors of a reported comeback, one “Kid” did offer a little bit of insight to AccessHollywood.com.
While attending the Victoria’s Secret “What Is Sexy?” Super Bowl party on Saturday night in Scottsdale, Arizona, Joey McIntyre said some preliminary steps towards a possible comeback have been taken – and, keeping with the Super Bowl theme, Joey used a few football analogies to explain.
“It could be the preseason. I don’t know if we’re kicking off yet and had the opening game, but it’s the preseason,” Joey told AccessHollywood.com on the Victoria’s Secret pink carpet. “So far, it’s been fun and we’re going to take the next step. It’s cool.”
The legendary boy band – made up of Jordan Knight, Donnie Wahlberg, Joey McIntyre, Danny Wood and Jonathan Knight – were a worldwide phenomenon in the late-80's/early-90's, selling more than 50 million albums worldwide before calling it quits in 1994.
So now that 14 years have passed since NKOTB last performed together, if the comeback is indeed in the works, are there any concerns it could be difficult to regain the group’s chemistry?
“It’s like we never left, which is pretty cool,” Joey added. “It’s as if you had a high school reunion and you pick up right where you left off.”
Joey, the baby of the group who is now 35, has been busy since the “Kids” called it quits more than a decade ago, releasing a solo album and also diving into acting.
His TV credits include “Boston Public” and “Less Than Perfect.” He also spent some time on Broadway, in "tick, tick Ã¢â¬Â¦ BOOM!" and Wicked." Most recently, Joey returned to the spotlight in 2006 on the ABC reality show “Dancing With the Stars,” where he finished third with partner Ashley DelGrosso.
But as far as a specific timetable for when the New Kids on the Block may return, Joey remained mum.
“I think things are going to be happening – but one step at a time,” he smiled.