Martha Stewart’s Dog Killed In Sudden Propane Explosion

Television lifestyle guru Martha Stewart lost her prized Chow Chow in a freak propane explosion at a kennel in Pennsylvania on Friday.

Martha’s dog, Ghenghis Khan, was one of the 16 dogs lost in the explosion that rocked the Pazzazz Boarding Kennel in Carbon County, following a routine delivery of propane.

“I am deeply saddened by this story. My heart goes out to Karen Tracy and I am hoping for a speedy recovery for those (both pets and humans) injured in this terrible event,” Martha wrote in a blog post on her Web site.

“Here is a tribute to my little Ghenghis Khan who perished in the blaze,” Martha wrote on her blog, which included a photo gallery of Ghenghis.

In addition to the 16 animals who perished in the explosion, 13 surviving dogs were taken to two nearby animal hospitals for treatment.

According to the Associated Press, the driver of the propane truck, Timothy Kleinhagen, was critically burned and is listed in stable condition.

A spark or static electricity is believed to have caused the explosion and subsequent fire.

See more pics of Genghis Khan on Martha’s Blog, here and here.

Copyright ©
2017 by All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be republished, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related news

Latest News