Michael Lohan Says Releasing Lindsay, Dina Voicemails Last Year Was ‘A Big Mistake’

Michael Lohan said releasing voicemails from his daughter and ex-wife last year was a huge mistake and he has no plans to release any more recordings.

“I just got a call from my daughter and she was very upset… Evidently she thinks I’m releasing another tape of a call to me. And I’m not,” Michael told Billy Bush for Access Hollywood and “The Billy Bush Show” on Thursday. “I’ve done a lot of stupid things in my life, whether it be with Lindsay, with Dina, with Erin, with people I love and care about, trusted or whatever or did the wrong thing. But… one of the biggest mistakes I ever made was releasing the tape of Lindsay and Dina.”

Michael said he promised Linsday and Dina he wouldn’t be releasing any more tapes, but the rumors that new recordings are set to emerge have upset his famous daughter.

“I promised them I would never do it and I didn’t release another tape,” Michael told Billy. “Evidently, Lindsay read on the Internet that they’re releasing another tape, which they are not. They are obviously re-releasing the tape that was already released.”

The father didn’t answer when Billy asked who “they” were, but he asked for the media to leave his daughter alone.

“There’s no sense in beating a dead horse. I sympathize with Brittany Murphy’s family, with Heath Ledger, with Michael Jackson, with Adam Goldstein and as of late, with Casey Johnson, and there is an issue here with prescription drugs, but why beat up my daughter again, why push this kid to the edge?” he said. “Leave her alone. I did enough damage with that tape that no one has to re-release it.”

Lindsay’s attorney previously told Access Hollywood that they considered Michael’s comments about his daughter and prescriptions defamatory.

While no new voicemails appeared to be on the Web on Thursday, Michael suggested if any old ones are put online again, it will harm his daughter.

“They’re just going to push this kid to and over the edge and they have to stop. She’s my daughter and whoever does it, I’m going to deal with it. I am not going to sit back and let people pick on my kids any more, especially Lindsay, because she gets the brunt of not only what she does, but what I do to and it’s wrong,” he said.

And Michael said he hopes 2010 can carry on without an old voicemail resurfacing.

“I love my kid and I made a big mistake, and I regret it, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life,” he said. “But it’s a new year, it’s a new beginning for all of us and we want to put things on the right track and the right page.”

A rep for Radar Online, which previously put voicemails from Michael on the Web said they had no plans to release anything when contacted by Access Hollywood on Thursday night.

For more of Michael’s interview with Billy, tune in to “The Billy Bush Show” on Friday. Visit BillyBushShow.com for local listings.

Copyright ©
2017 by All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be republished, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related news

Latest News