New Details Emerge Over Bobby Brown’s Departure From Whitney Houston Funeral

A new account has emerged over what happened with Bobby Brown, who left the funeral of his ex-wife, Whitney Houston, before it started on Saturday.

Mark Trigg, who was Whitney’s attorney, and now represents the Houston family, claimed on “The Frank and Wanda Morning Show” on Atlanta’s V-103 on Tuesday, that Brown did not adhere to guidelines set up between Trigg and the singer’s lawyer.

“There were three rows reserved for the family up front, Bobby was invited to sit in those three rows with the family. Bobby has three older children that he also wanted to bring to the service — they were invited, his brother Tommy was invited. The understanding was — and the agreement was — that the three children would sit with Tommy, a few rows behind the family, while Bobby was permitted to sit in those three rows with scarce seating, with the family,” Trigg explained.

Trigg said Brown’s attempt to sit with his children in the first three rows on the day of Houston’s funeral, created an issue.

“He and the three children went and sat in the family section. When that happened, security discreetly, politely, respectfully said, ‘Bobby, you’re welcome to stay here, but we need to ask the three children to please go sit with their uncle given space limitations,’” Trigg recounted. “That was the deal and there shouldn’t have been any problem… At that point, for whatever reason, he took offense at that and at that point, tried to get [Bobbi Kristina] to intervene.”

Trigg said there was also an agreement in place with Brown, via his lawyer, that Brown would not reach out to his daughter unless she made the first move.

“The other part of our agreement, prior to the service, was… if Bobbi Kristina reached out to Bobby, tried to initiate any contact with him, security was certainly going to make sure that happened,” Trigg said. “What was asked of him, however, was that if [Bobbi Kristina] didn’t initiate that contact, for whatever reason, with whatever was going on in her head and heart and spirit that day, if she didn’t initiate the contact, then he was not to reach out for her.

“Unfortunately, that didn’t happen either and when he went to interact with her, that’s when security said, ‘We would ask you to please go to your seat, please have your children sit with their uncle and let’s not have any unnecessary drama here.’ That’s the point where he, for whatever reason, decided that he wanted to just leave the service,” Trigg said.

As for Brown, last Sunday, he issued a statement to Access Hollywood over his choice to leave the funeral of his ex-wife.

“My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions,” his statement began.

“I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina,” the statement released to Access continued. “In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”

In related news, according to, Bobbi Kristina Brown has returned to the Atlanta home she shared with her mother.

The 18-year-old was previously in Newark, New Jersey, where her mother was laid to rest over the weekend.

Copyright ©
2017 by All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be republished, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related news

Latest News