“Fast & Furious 7” was on a hiatus for the Thanksgiving weekend when star Paul Walker was killed in a car crash on Saturday and Access Hollywood has learned details about the future of the franchise.
A source told Access that the late actor was due on the Atlanta set on Monday. The source said meetings are underway to determine future of the seventh installment of the Universal franchise.
The movie had already shot for approximately 55 days, and still had at least 25 more days of shooting left. The majority of the remaining days were to include Walker, who played Brian O’Conner (police officer-turned-FBI agent-turned-outlaw, who had a love of fast cars).
The source told Access that it could be at least a week before the filmmakers and the studio decide which creative direction the film will go in.
Despite the death of Walker, a Hollywood Reporter source said the movie will continue and will not be scraped.
-- Jesse Spero