Access Hollywood has learned new information about Charlie Sheen’s voluntary check-in to rehab on Friday.
According to a source, there was a meeting at the “Two and a Half Men” star’s home on Friday prior to his entrance into the rehab facility. His mother, Janet Sheen, and father Martin Sheen were at the house.
Martin had spent the night before at his son’s home and was trying to convince him to check into rehab, the source previously told Access.
By the early afternoon on Friday, the decision had been made and Martin was the one who drove his son, Charlie, 45, to Promises, the famed rehab facility in Malibu, Calif., the source said.
Sheen previously spent time at Promises. In fact, back in August 2010, he was sentenced to 30 days in rehab at Promises, after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor count of third degree assault related to the 2009 Christmas Day fracas with wife Brooke Mueller. (The two are still married, but filed for divorce in November 2010).
A rep for Martin Sheen did not immediatley respond to a request for comment from Access.
As previously reported on AccesHollywood.com, Charlie Sheen’s rep confirmed the actor checked into rehab on Friday.
At the same time, CBS, the network which airs his show, “Two and a Half Men,” confirmed the show was being placed on a “production hiatus,” CBS said in a statement.
“We are profoundly concerned for his health and well-being, and support his decision,” CBS said in the statement.