Former “Survivor” Richard Hatch was scheduled to be released from jail today, but will remain in jail for an additional nine days, Access Hollywood has learned.
“Rich was ordered to an additional 9 days as punishment for allegedly not having obtained the requisite permissions to conduct the Access Hollywood and NBC Channel 10 Providence on-camera interviews, or for calling in to a radio show the following day,” Hatch’s lawyer, Cynthia M. Ribas told Access.
“We still have proceedings pending that could change this but as things currently stand,” she continued. “We expect Rich’s release next Friday, October 16th.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Richard was taken into custody in August by the Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office. He was jailed after giving several television interviews to NBC’s the “Today” show, NBC affiliate WJAR-TV and also to Access. According to Ribas, the Bureau of Prisons told her only the “Today” interview had been cleared and the others were thus a violation. Therefore Hatch would have to serve the remaining amount of his sentence in jail, rather than under house arrest.
He had previously been under house arrest following three-and-a-half years of incarceration for tax evasion.
Hatch has claimed the executive producers of “Survivor” told him they would pay the taxes on the $1 million he eventually took home for winning the show.