Brangelina! Aniston! Miley and Liam! 2012 was an UNFORGETTABLE year in celebrity engagements.
As Access Hollywood’s Top 12 Headlines of 2012 continues, we take a look back at the Hollywood stars who popped the question to their longtime loves this year.
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt: After seven years together (and six children!), Brad proposed to his lovely lady in April.
The power pair had initially stated they would not tie the knot until there was marriage equality across the board. However, in January, Brad admitted he and Angelina were receiving a lot of “pressure from the kids” to “get Mommy a ring.”
The actor took his children’s advice, and worked with Beverly Hills jeweler Robert Procop to design a blinding bauble for Angelina.
Get the details on Angie’s ring, HERE.
No word on when Brad and Angelina will say, “I do,” though multiple reports claim the ceremony will take place at their estate in France.
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux: Not to be outdone, Brad Pitt’s ex-wife, Jennifer Aniston, also got engaged this year!
Justin Theroux, Jennifer’s recent beau (the “Wanderlust” co-stars went public with their relationship last summer), proposed to Jen in August on his birthday.
The star couple first stepped out together in June 2011 at a post-MTV Movie Awards bash at SoHo House in West Hollywood, Calif.
Soon thereafter, Jen brought Justin along to her taping of “Inside the Actors Studio,” where her new boyfriend sat beaming in the front row during her interview with James Lipton.
The pair soon took their love to a new level, adopting a puppy together. Awwwww….
Justin reveals who acts as dog-disciplinarian, HERE.
Like Brad and Angie, this couple remains tight-lipped regarding wedding details.
- Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth: Young love, sigh…
This adorable pair began dating in 2009 after meeting on the set of “The Last Song,” and became engaged at the end of May.
“The Hunger Games” star, 22, proposed to Miley, 19, with a 3.5-carat diamond ring.
Though tongues wagged over the young star’s decision to tie the knot, Miley’s dad Billy Ray Cyrus immediately gave his blessing via Tweet (of course!), writing, ““All I ever hoped for as a Daddy was to see my kids reach their dreams. To find happiness…peace of mind …and someday know… true love.”
Ever the supportive fiance, Liam was proud of his soon-to-be wife’s bold new haircut (she sheared her locks off, opting for an edgy platinum pixie cut in August).
Liam’s reacts to Miley’s ‘do, HERE.
While the couple has yet to dish on a possible date for their nuptials, in November, Miley said she wants her big day to go off without a hitch and is currently focusing all of her energies into her new album, set to be released next year.
- Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger: Canadian pop/rock stars unite… literally! The Nickelback frontman, 38, proposed to the 28-year-old “Complicated” singer in August.
The engagement came as a surprise to the media and fans alike, as Avril was dating former reality personality Brody Jenner earlier this year.
Sparks began to fly when Avril and Chad teamed up to pen a song for Avril’s upcoming album.
This will be Chad’s first marriage, and the second for Avril (who was previously married to Deryck Whibley of Sum 41).
- Halle Berry & Olivier Martinez: After weeks of speculation, a rep for Halle confirmed the Oscar-winner was engaged to her beau, French actor Olivier, in March.
Olivier dished on the engagement ring he chose for Halle, HERE.
- Alec Baldwin & Hilaria Thomas: This charming couple got engaged in April and tied the knot just two short months later.
Among the guests at the June ceremony in New York City Alec’s daughter Ireland and brothers Stephen and Billy, as well as Woody Allen, Alec’s “30 Rock” co-star/friend Tina Fey, “Saturday Night Live” producer Lorne Michaels and “Law & Order: SVU” star Mariska Hargitay.
The proud groom dishes on his and Hilaria’s plans for adding to their family, HERE.
- Drew Barrymore & Will Kopelman: News of this Drew and Will’s engagement broke early this year, and the glowing bride-to-be soon shared an engagement photo of the smiling couple.
Click HERE to view the photo!
The newlyweds became parents to baby girl Olive Barrymore Kopelman in October.
More from our Top 12 Headlines of 2012: #7 – “American Idol” & “The X Factor” Judges Shakeups — Click HERE to read.
On Thursday, our countdown continues with the #5 of our Top 12 Headlines – Celebrity Wedding Mania!