LOS ANGELES (August 14, 2006) --An American football superstar, a TV talk show host, an award-winning country music singer, an ultra-conservative TV political pundit, a movie star and a former beauty queen are among the performers who will compete this season on “Dancing with the Stars,” premiering Tuesday, Sept. 12 on ABC.
Hosted by Tom Bergeron and co-hosted by Samantha Harris, the new season brings 11 celebrity/professional dancer couples to the dance floor.
And Access Hollywood has the lowdown on which stars have agreed to cut a rug!
1) Last season’s “Dancing” sensation, Lisa Rinna, will get to watch her husband, film and TV star Harry Hamlin, show off his salsa moves!
Harry will dance with professional dancer Ashly Delgrosso, who returns to the series for her third season.
Ashly was previously paired with Master P and Joey McIntyre.
2) Notorious TV talk show host, Jerry Springer,will be partnered with Australian beauty, professional dancer Kym Johnson, who makes her series debut this season.
Kym was the champion of the Australian “Dancing with the Stars.”
3) National beauty queen,and reality television star, Shanna Moakler — who recently split with husband Travis Barker — will dance with professional dancer Jesse DeSoto.
Jesse joins the cast for the first time this season as her partner.
4) Mario Lopez, a TV host, and former star of “Saved By The Bell,” will be partnered with professional dancer Karina Smirnoff, who makes her series debut.
5) And a second teenteen heartthrob, Joe Lawrence, will be paired with professional dancer Edyta Sliwinska, who returns for her third season.
She previously partnered with George Hamilton and Evander Holyfield.
6) An NFL legend and three-time Super Bowl champion, Emmitt Smith will be partnered with “Dancing with the Stars” season two professional dance champion, Cheryl Burke.
7) Vivica A. Fox, the stunning film and television actress/producer who has starred in several major blockbusters including “Kill Bill” and “Independence Day” also will hit the dance floor.
Her partner? Professional dancer Nick Kosovich, who returns for his second season. He was previously paired with Tatum O’Neal.
8) MSNBC news anchor — and often controversial — conservative political TV pundit and columnist, Tucker Carlsonwill be partnered with professional dancer Elena Grinenko, who makes her series debut this season.
9) Monique Coleman, one of the teen idols from the Disney Channel’s smash hit “High School Musical.”
She will be partnered with professional dancer Louis Van Amstel, who returns for his third season. Van Amstel danced with Lisa Rinna and Trista Sutter in previous seasons.
10) Country Music Award-winningSara Evans will dance with Tony Dovolani, who partnered with Stacy Keibler in the second season.
11) Willa Ford, the self-professed “bad girl of pop,” will dance with professional dancer Maxsim Chmerkovskiy, who teamed up with Tia Carrere last season.
Each week in the new season,the celebrity and professional dance pairs will perform live choreographed Latin and traditional ballroom dance routines to popular live music performed by a 15-piece orchestra led by musical director Harold Wheeler.
The panel of beloved and sometimes maligned judges, former ballroom dancer Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba, will return for a third season to weigh in on the pairs’ performances.
The viewing public also gets to weigh in, by phoning in or voting online for their favorite performers. The scores are combined and the outcome will be announced during a results show the following evening.