Kate Gosselin and her eight aren’t the only ones leaving the TLC airwaves.
On Thursday, the network confirmed to Access Hollywood that Kat Von D’s reality show “LA Ink” has been canceled.
“TLC has decided that the current season of ‘LA INK’ will be its last. The network is proud of what the series has accomplished in its four seasons, following Kat Von D’s journey as an artist from Miami to Los Angeles,” TLC said in a statement to Access.
The last episode of “LA Ink” will air on Sept. 15.
But, according to Kat, she actually quit the show.
“I love how me deciding to not continue doing LA Ink, turns into being ‘cancelled,’” she Tweeted on Thursday, not long after the network released its statement.
“Thanks @TLC,” she continued. “Regardless of everything I remain grateful.”
“Please standby for a more in depth, more honest statement regarding LA Ink,” Kat added a short while later, adding in response to a friend’s question, “It also means I can speak more freely now too.”
And speak freely she did.
Later, Kat told People she left the show because TLC was editing footage in a manner she felt wasn’t appropriate.
“In an effort to capitalize on my recent breakup, the network has decided to focus their energy on re-editing events that didn’t happen while filming,” she told the website. “I have no regrets and am very proud of the original footage. In my opinion, any attempt to compromise the honesty of that would be an insult to my fans and viewers.”
AH Nation Poll: Kat or Kate: Which TLC show will you miss more? Click HERE to vote!
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, the tattoo artist recently cut promoting the latest season of her show short, the same day she walked out on an interview with KTTV FOX 11 in Los Angeles, after the morning show, “Good Day LA,” ran a promo from her show, featuring Jesse James, right before she was set to appear on air.
“Dear GoodDayLA, thanks for the waste of a perfectly good morning. Lack of compassion n respect for each other never fails to dissapoint [sic] me,” Kat Tweeted following the incident.
Kat confirmed on Twitter late last month, the split with her fiancé of six months, Jesse.
“I am no longer w Jesse,” Kat previously wrote.
However on Thursday, Jesse confirmed the two had gotten back together.
“Sometimes you are only given one chance in life,” Jesse told People.com, confirming the news they were back on, after he Tweeted a photo of the two in an embrace, followed by the words, “para siempre” or “forever” in English. “It was up to me to open my eyes and see it. That girl is my chance. I will never stop fighting and striving to hold on to her. Showing her how special she is, and how much I love her.”