Jennifer Lopez channeled old Hollywood glam for her cover look on the august issue of W Magazine.
The Bronx-born superstar went back to her childhood neighborhood for the magazine’s sexy photo spread. “All the strength I needed for life, I got from that neighborhood,” revealed Lopez in W.
The multi-tasking Lopez posed in the front of the home she grew up in and turned the street into her personal runway. The starlet’s fashion was inspired by Elizabeth Taylor’s character in “Butterfield 8” and her super-sexy ‘do was a nod to supermodel Janice Dickinson’s ‘70s style.
“It’s very classic movie star hair,” reveals Jennifer’s longtime hairstylist, Oribe. Jennifer’s hair was given lots of volume and her hair was a darker, richer color.
“It’s always nice to go a bit darker for fall,” Oribe explained, adding, “Even a subtle change to a richer shade can be a great transformation.”
Oribe shared with Glam Slam a step-by-step guide on how to get her look:
- Apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to damp hair and blow dry with a round brush. Not handy with a dryer and brush? You can also use Velcro rollers to achieve similar volume and movement.
- Use a curling iron and create a classic set. Let hair cool, and then gently brush through the curls.
- Spray Soft Dry Conditioner Spray throughout the length of hair to give it a cashmere feel without changing the style or losing the texture.
- If hair is naturally frizzy, use a small amount of Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream to smooth strands.
- Set with Superfine Hair Spray or Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray.
- To refresh your style the next day, use hot rollers and Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots.
Oribe products are available at www.oribe.com.
-- Terri MacLeod
(Glam Slam’s Ryan Patterson is on maternity leave. Terri MacLeod is filling in while she’s away.)